Good for Axiom for getting a little mainstream AV press. Congrats!

It's always baffled me why DI sales companies like Axiom, Emotiva, Outlaw, etc don't push harder to get big-press reviews of their products. Unless they have something to hide...

At great risk from drawing the ire of other Axiomites, I think 4 is a little low on the 'design' scale, but not by much. While you can get nicer cabinet treatments via the custom shop, I really don't think Axiom speakers are all that visually beautiful.

I fully realize that they are not designed to be froo-froo pretty. They are designed to be acoustically amazing for their price. That is Axiom's raison d'être! And that's something that all of us owners know.

Aesthetics are the epitome of subjectivity, so it's basically impossible to have a meaningful conversation of which is a "prettier" speaker. But IMHO, while my M80V2's are great speakers (love em!), they look a little lower-rent compared to something like ...

B&W CM9's

or (to some degree) Paradigm Reference Signature S8's

vs..

Of course, in the case of the CM9's, they're roughly twice as expensive as M80's, so they darn-well ought to look nice. smile Then again, maybe I just like yellow mid-bass drivers. blush

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office