OK, I don't post much but I could not let this go. Here are some thoughts, in no particular order, worth the price that you paid, proceed at your own risk.

The reviewer contradicts himself when talking about the use of titanium. With the M60, he said "Lockheed used a lot of titanium on the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane, so it must be awesome." To me, that felt like somewhat of a snide / sarcastic and unprofessional remark, yet he applauded the Revels for "boasting snazzy titanium cones," but he doesn't say what advantage it offers, which ironically was another one of his criticism's toward Axiom.

He also said this about the M60, "I ended up with the M60s placed so that their backs were 30 inches from the wall, almost double the distance I usually prefer." and said this about the Revels: "To sound its best, (the Salon2) needs to sit about 3 feet out from the wall behind it." So what does this mean?

1. Both Salon2 and M60 are good because they need to be that far from the wall?
2. Both Salon2 and M60 are bad because they need to be that far from the wall?
3. The Salon2 is good because it needs to be that far from the wall, but the M60 is bad because it needs to be that far from the wall?

Sure, the Revel graph is flatter, but is it really worth an extra $20,000 just to even out the small bump below 100Hz and above 10kHz? Heck, if I spent an extra $20,000 for these Revels - or any speaker for that matter - then they had darn well better be flatter, look superior, sound superior, smell superior, taste superior, AND cook me breakfast in the morning.

That's it, flame away.

M80s, VP180, QS8s, EP800 v3