Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
What do you dislike about iTunes?

My biggest beef is the fact that iTunes does not automatically rip an album as a disc image so that it plays with the right amount of space between tracks.

Also, if an album has segues (like almost all of Frank Zappa's albums) it puts a gap between songs where there should be none.

Of course, I can manually do it but, that would take forever!

I want the ability to play an entire album or just tracks from them.

I've finally come around to the way iTunes stores and organizes tracks. At first I hated it because it forces you to work like it wants you to work... a very unMac like way of working.

That and the fact that it is primarily set up for crappy mp3's and Apples iTune store (worthless garbage).

I'm sure there're gotta be 3rd party software that will run on a Mac for just music playback/organization though.

A Mac Mini with a couple of large hard drives should be perfect for music only server applications.

But I'm open to using a Windoze machine to do the work if it is reliable and easy.

And just typing that is blasphemy in my household!

So, I prefer to stay with Mac, but since they piss me off so much with the whole iTunes monopoly and syncing up everything to force me into they're way of operating that I'm willing to try other options.

I bought the top of the line iTouch (talk about an impulse buy!) when I was at the Apple store buying a new Mac and I have yet to use it for music, mainly because I want to use uncompressed files only and I'm too lazy to rip and convert yet.

That and I'm pretty sure that the conversion from the iTouch is horrid compared to some other, better way of docking to the hi-fi.

I will never, ever use earbuds... mad

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa