Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Aren't most reviews about the subjectivity (perspective, feelings, beliefs, and desires) of the person giving the reviews anyway? I believe the goal of the upper end of the Axiom line has been to provide the cleanest, most uncolored, and accurate bass response as possible, before individual room characteristics changes it.

Most of the reviews are, but mostly because they aren't allowed to truly test the product. If a reviewer says something alittle too harsh the company fights not to have the article published.

Like when I said "let the measurements speak for themselves" I wanted all subjective biases out of the way. Its much easier to judge a subwoofers performance based on measurements than it is with speakers. To me a graph can tell you so much about a subwoofers performance.

I can say all the positive things I want about Axiom EP175 and no one would have questioned me about my knowledge or if I compared it to other subwoofers ect... But since I said it isn't the greatest performing sub in its price range and that there are better performing and better built subs in its range, thats not allowed.

I've defended Axiom for many years on Audioholics and AVS. I've PMed many people over on AVS and recommended Axioms and openly on the forum too.

I'm not blinded, I can see that Axiom subs have fallen way behind the other ID brands. Thats the reason why theres not reviews in the last 5-6yrs is because they haven't done anything with them. While all the others do model refreshes and improving the drivers and amps, adding entire lines of new products Axiom just watched it sail right on by.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 12/01/11 10:58 PM.