I agree with Peter, but then again I agree with a little bit of everyone above. Unlike most people, I get overly optimistic when I'm overtired.

Bose is a marketing machine. For a long time now it has relied totally on marketing research instead of product research. (Well, that is a bit untrue. It does show product innovation but only in redesigning its tech to market better vs. sound better.) It has found a niche with this and is successful.

Apple is also a marketing machine but the difference is, that (like them or not) it's products measurably do what they promise. Bose promises the ultimate in sound quality but to say it delivers is <insert your own answer here>. The fact that I felt safe to let you insert your own word there is exactly my point. Apple delivers what it claims, but still benefits from the 'cool factor' the marketers have created.

Both are overpriced (to different degrees), but at least one delivers what it claims.

I was also hoping for another major leap in technology in this announcement although I don't know what I expected. There is nothing there that will make me consider upgrading my wife's first gen iPad but on the other hand, neither are they standing still.

I do want a tablet for me but I won't be buying one soon as it is not the best solution for my needs yet. However, a tablet was the perfect solution for my wife who uses it constantly for a wide variety of things that would not have been as efficient or easy on a laptop. It also benefits me as she can't break the OS so I don't troubleshoot all the time like I used to.

So lots of thoughts, for those who are actually still reading for some odd reason, sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Murph; 03/08/12 01:15 PM. Reason: added stuff

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.