Originally Posted By: Socketman

Andrew, my takeaway from this is that Emotiva's claims are baseless. Something else that came to mind for me is the fact that , typically one room is on a single breaker. So not only am I feeding my amp , I am powering a 60" plasma , my receiver , my dvr or bluray player etc which doesn't even allow my amp access to that 1800 watts. I have a killawatt meter and my tv takes 300 on its own.

Richard

This is a very good point but remember, it is virtually impossible with any music or movie programme material to actually require full output for all amplifier channels at the same instant in time. Also remember that your the impedance of your loudspeaker varies with frequency. When we publish a continuous power rating it will always be with a 1kHz sine wave driving a purely resistive 8 or 4 ohm load. These kinds of bench test conditions are nice for defining an apples to apples baseline for power output, but they represent the kind of worst-case scenario that will likely never be seen in the context of an actual system.