Probably about $4K in audio (components, cables, speakers, stand, etc.). Scary when I just added it up...big upgrade from my OLD ~$300 system.

1) & 2) 42" plasma (Panny 42PWD6UY which is an EDTV, not true HDTV). Big upgrade from my 10 yr old 27" Zenith. Pretty decent TV, now my parents are using it.
3) DirecTV HD Samsung TS360 via DVI. Waiting w/ baited breath for release of HD D*Tivo and for some place to have price below MSRP. Pain in the a$$ to not have a pause ability...
4) True HD programming is stunning, even vs the best DVDs. I even catch myself watching HD commercials on HDNet. The Spiderman 2 trailer was OUTSTANDING, both visually and audio-wise (yeah Axioms!). Audio can be great as well, some of the OTA ABC shows transmit in Dolby Digital, so the sound is great. HOWEVER, just like w/ Axioms and any good speaker, bad recordings will show as bad recordings. SD content can vary greatly, from passable to absolutely horrendous. SD DirecTV is just so-so. Bummer because it would be nice to be able to watch those new Clone Wars cartoons in HD.

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 04/08/04 04:53 PM.