1 & 2 - Mine's a 43 inch Samsung DLP (Apologies to those of you who've seen this before)

3 - Oh yes. I love HDTV, My cable company (COX) provides HBO, Showtime, ABC, CBS, Bravo, ESPN, INHD, and INHD2. Watching sporting events (football, hockey, and I hope baseball this summer) is a special treat.

4 - Fit the size of the TV not just to the room size, but also to how far from the set you'll be sitting. As you can see from the photo, I'm in relatively close quarters. So, although I've become accustomed to the size of my set (and have a secret longing for a 50 or 56 inch model), anything larger might be overkill for this room (11.5' x 18'; 7' to 9' from the set). If you are sitting to close for the size of the TV, you begin to lose "clarity," as the Capn brought up above. Nonetheless, get the biggest that you can afford and fit to the room and distance.

Metalaaron; One of the reasons I went with DLP is because of the size/weight factor. My old 24" Toshiba flat screen (which is now in the bedroom, and is still a very nice set) weighs 75 pounds. My 43" Samsung, weighs 7 pounds LESS at 67 pounds, and I can move it (albeit very carefully because of size, not weight) by myself. And, It's only 16" deep.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton