As low as my basement ceiling is (6' 7", generally) I don't see being able to use the M3 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos.

From here:

Quote:
Will I always get better Dolby Atmos sound with overhead
speakers?

Dolby Atmos enabled speakers produce slightly diffuse overhead audio that is quite lifelike and, in some cases, preferable to the sound that comes from overhead speakers.

If your ceiling is low or you have to mount your loudspeakers on overhead trusses or brackets, the overhead speakers will be closer to the listening position. The audio may be distracting because you’ll hear exactly which speaker is producing the sound instead of feeling immersed in an atmosphere in which sounds occur naturally overhead.

In this environment, Dolby Atmos enabled speakers may better reproduce the Dolby Atmos sound you would hear in a movie theatre, where the overhead speakers are high in the auditorium, creating a more diffuse experience. Audio experts who have heard Dolby Atmos enabled speakers agree that the sound these produce can be preferable to the sound that
overhead speakers produce.

I don't really want Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, either, since it means switching my ceiling tiles back to something reflective as opposed to absorptive. Since the sound from the ceiling speakers are supposed to be somewhat diffuse as described, I wonder if Axiom could come up with a model for people in my situation. Low ceiling, still wanting the Atmos experience without resorting to the Atmos enabled compromise. Even better for me, specifically, would be 2'x2' panels pre-made for mounting the speakers in and dropping into a standard suspended ceiling grid.