I finally got a chance to test these. For stereo sound, obviously, they aren't s great choice for 2.0 listening. As a non- ported speaker, with a much smaller cabinet than the full blown M3 they are a bit thin sounding. They would be great in a 2.1 setting though. Very clear and crisp. Great imaging, which should serve me well for Atmos. My AVR (Marantz 7009) set the crossover for these at 100, my on wall M3s were set to 60 by Audessey.

I haven't had a full blown Atmos movie yet, but the Atmos demo disc and using Dolby Surround (Desolation of Smaug, at the end in the mountain with all the falling coins and running from Smaug) has been nothing short of impressive. I also recommend the bonus short from the Frozen 3D blu ray. Mickey flies a plane around the room and it's just crazy.

These sound seamless with my other Axiom speakers. I wouldn't use them as LCR but wouldn't hesitate to use them as surrounds or tops. With door and stud placement in my room I couldn't use them as surrounds- thus the on wall M3s.