Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
All channels should be aimed with consideration for the center of the soundfield. This ensures people sitting off axis dont get all of one speaker and not the others. It is possible to create a realistic and centered soundfield for all listeners if this approach is used. Here is a vid that explains the details. Its kind of old now, but still very relevant.

Acoustics for immersive audio.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFbqJkjfABQ

what I like about this guy as a professional installer of ATMOS systems is that they use methods outside of what some say is written in Dolby stone for their clients and they love it. they use many bi-pole speakers in their setups depending on the size of the rooms. they have at times used bi-omini pole speakers on the ceilings. they base everything on the room. they say the proper mix of those types of speakers really fills the room in certain areas that makes for great atmosphere (see what I did there! blush )

they do follow a lot of Dolby ATMOS cannon as well. gives me hope for what I plan to do and how I now feel sooooooooo much better about keeping my QS8's in the mix.

that was a very good and very informative video with a lot of thinking in and out of the box. thanks for posting it.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93