Originally Posted By: storm266
Matt : nice experience your shared. Thanks. Question: when you say bad recording will produce awfull sound. I'm worry a bit... Usage will be 50-50 movie and music. Movies I like. Saving private ryan, black hawk down, LOTR, start wars, matrix,
Music : metallica, megadeth, ironmaiden, movies soundtrack, relaxing music( from cable alternative music like half moon run. I have couple cd, a lot of mp3 and aac( apple) song. I guess that Mp3 and acc is what you will qualifer of bad recording Matt? Is it really that bad?

I'm not Matt, but I thought I'd share my own experience on this point. You'll recognize bad recordings, but I wouldn't go so far as to say you won't be able to listen them. It's true that you'll keep wanting to find the better recordings, and it's sad when you like a song but find the sound quality lacking, but in my own experience it's a reaction that mellows with time. I listen to a lot of music that doesn't have ideal fidelity, but I still enjoy it.

Movies have a better ratio of good to bad recordings, especially on Blu-ray. You'll find a LOT of reasons to smile when it comes to movies and even modern TV shows. I've been re-watching Breaking Bad, and the sound still impresses me just as much as the cinematography. Besides AMC, HBO has historically been very sound-oriented with their TV shows as well. Band of Brothers is another one of those series to get on Blu-ray if you want demo material. As far as movies, out of the ones you mentioned, Saving Private Ryan is probably my favorite sound-wise. So intense. You'll have a lot of fun.

I should mention that I have LFR1100s, not M60s, but I did own M80s before, and they made me very happy. I imagine with the generational changes that the current M60 is a more well-rounded speaker than the M80s I owned.