Originally Posted By TroyD
If you already have external amp thats four channels yeh, say yourself some money. If your like me and put the SPL meter away when watching movies at 80db or listening to music at 90db. Your not going to notice the
" Noise" made between the transformers.

I have about 8 channels of external ampage. The LFR's use 4 and I have the pair of Amp/OneA's that for the time being can run my Energy Take micro bookshelf speakers that I have and can mount for height speakers to get 11.2 (or is that 7.2.4)? As for volume.. I have not the largest room and I don't particularly play for the rest of the house or neighbours to hear. If I get up to 90db then I am playing it loud. But sometimes it does get up there.

Originally Posted By nickbuol
Yeah, I think that there is something probably measurable noise wise, but not audible to human ears. I wouldn't out any stock in it. Bmnow I did hear that the toroidal has a "faster response" to volume changes that does give noticeably more "punch" when a soundtrack calls for it, but again, that isn't why I got it.

This goes back to my original question that nobody had really answered, but rather skirted around it.

What channels will take advantage of this "faster response" or larger dynamics or faster recovery time?

If I have a ADA1000 amp that I am going to gather from reviews of Craigsub is no slouch driving the LFR speakers, then from stereo listening there is ZERO advantage from the 1120.

That just leaves the Center channel and side / back surround speakers left to power. Do these channels get hit for large dynamic sounds? I could understand if someone said the Center Channel would. But then I'd ask If you eliminated the power requirements to drive a Left and Right front speaker, would a less effeciant/responsive power supply be more than adiquate as you are pulling 1/3rd of the current demand because you are not using the L&R front amp at all ?

I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER SO I AM ASKING. does my logic sound reasonable?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5