Currently 32 blu-rays available with Atmos some better than others:
Atmos Blu-Ray Titles

DTS:X is out for a few receiver brands, but movie selection there is dismal with 4 current titles:
DTS:X Blu-Ray Titles

With so few choices for DTS:X, and still even a relatively small number of Atmos titles compared to movies people could possibly have in their collection, what a lot of people are enjoying are the upmixers for both Atmos and DTS:X. The reviews there (particularly with the DTS:X one) is that they can really create an amazing soundfield from non-Atmos and non-DTS:X material. Heck, I was just watching the latest "Home Theater Geeks" video and they talk about how the one guy, Mark, likes to even upmix stereo audio (eek, sacrilege for the audiophiles out there) as he says that it really does an amazing job of putting you IN the audio field, and it isn't just basic "all speaker stereo" type of settings, but actually doing some significant processing to great something realistic and cool.

But what am I doing here? I have a MRX-1120 sitting in its box downstairs. I have about 5 things that I need to do today that I told myself I would HAVE to get done before getting it out and starting to set it up. So I need to get my butt in gear and start checking things off the list.

Farewell - June 4, 2020