That " Disposable Income" didn't quite come out the way I meant. Alot of people with non-disposable income get good stuff, working and saving for it. I've been building on my system be a few years but will get done.
It sure wasn't in reference to you getting a 1120 or your income.

One would think or atleast I do that sometimes reviewers, etc take things to the minute extreme.

I am a probably above average home theatre enthusiast, meaning around here most people think a $1000 home theatre in a box is a awesome thing and that me spending $2000 on just F/R speakers is crazy and they seriously don't hear the difference.

I am for me darn sure with my M80 and VP180 connected to a MRX720 and my Anthem MCA50 running just F/C/R I am not in any way going to notice any recovery or dynamic difference with a MRX703 connected to three MCA mono blocks or ADA1500's.

Yes, I think they changed the type or transformer, basically because the 1120 is running for more internal amps a little more stain on the system. Also, with more channels etc probably gives a bit more " Noise" maybe at 11 channel it is audible.

I think if one is concerned why not get the AVM60 and pick up a MCA325 or 3ch ADA1250. Later on pick up a ADA100 4 ch to run the rear/surrounds and use the amp you have for Atmos speakers as it starts to come on stream and movies become more choices.

Isn't the point of separates exactly the point you are questioning. The Pre/Pro has it's own transformer. The three amps have there own and are broken down. I am darn near 100% sure a ADA150 or MCA325 can handle and run L/C/R in most any normal/above normal situations that, I know I am not going to notice. Maybe, if your listening at 100dbl in a room the size of a hall you will notice. Pretty sure a 4 ch ADA1000 or 1250 will sufficiently handle the rear/surrounds.
As for the Sides/Surrounds I believe for the most part these are usually crossed over at what 100hz? I cannot see that taxing the system much.

My point is there's what 5 movies in ATMOS, DTS:X isn't even out yet. It's probably going to be a year or two before it becomes mainstream and more selection. I cannot see On-Demand on Movie network broadcasting anytime soon, well hell Bell ExpressVU doesn't even do 7.1. This gives you a couple years to build a great system in separates and not really worry about a receiver's capabilities on how it runs 7/9 or 11 channels.

Last edited by TroyD; 03/11/16 01:49 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4