The corvette Z06 (405hp @ 6000rpm) has a listed top speed of 171mph. I'd bet that with a chip switch (to defeat the most likely installed "kill switch") this car would top 200mph.

Without restrictor plates, NASCAR would be hitting 200 at the big tracks - thus the restrictor plates. And NASCAR is far from what it was - a car you could go purchase at a dealer.

Formula 1 doesn't even represent a "real" car even in the guise of a sheet metal body...it's a rocket with wheels.

Either way, we aren't comparing apples to apples - more like apples to oranges to kiwi.

Very few cars are capable of 200mph directly from the show room (especially American - and my guess is that it doesn't have as much to do with the manufacturers as it does the insurance companies and the American Way - a.k.a. sue everybody for your own dumbassedness)

As for me, if I had a car that went 200mph, I would go 200mph and would have been dead long ago...I'll stick with my toyota 4x4 - it's blazing top speed of 85mph is dangerous enough in Atlanta...hell Atlanta intimidated me into selling my motorcycle - too many close calls.

When I retire I'm moving out west with a corvette, a Harley and a ivory handled set of six shooters and I'm gonna fly through the desert like sh*t through a goose with guns a'blazin - cursin' and spittin'...and er, uh...what was the question...

my 2.

^billy

videoslave