hey getoffb,

thanks for the comment. What I edit is rather boring - but here it is: I work for Georgia Quick Start...QS is part of the economic development innitiative for Georgia (we are structured under the Dept. of Tech and Adult Ed) Our (the "video guys") main job is to provide training/marketing videos for QS clients - manufacturing and service industries like GM, CIBAVision, Pitney Bowes, Caterpillar, etc. We are part of an incentive plan to attract and retain industry - QS provides training - our dept provides the video/audio/photographic needs. We shoot and edit everything digital betacam, uncompressed - everything is broadcast quality. Aside from that, we also provide for the video needs (marketing, etc) of the agency and the state - right now I'm working on a project for the G8 Summit that will be held on St. Simmons this year (near Savannah).

It's not as glamorous as it sounds (or as Spiffnme's job) but it's interesting in that I get to see many different things that most people never see - like how contacts are made or how beer cans are made and filled (I know how they're emptied).

Basically, I'm part of a plan to create jobs for Georgians and train Georgians for better/higher paying jobs...and from time to time, that makes you feel pretty good about going to work.

More babbling than needed...but thanks for the interest.

^billy

videoslave