BrenR -

We have two Sony 790WS digibetacams and an oldie but goodie Sony 7 with a BetaSP back (forget the model) that doesn't get used much anymore...and an array of Fujinon lenses (and the essentials - lighting packages, cam support, grip gear, etc...probably a meduim sized production house worth of gear)

We have an AVID MC9000 (OS9 - no budget to upgrade yet) and an AVID MC Adrenaline (OSX) whith a half terabyte raid on each - both are fully digital (SDI) suites. Everything is onlined at 1:1. When we have to off-line, we use AVID DVexpress (OSX) on G4 Titaniums (it's a pain to dump to DV - but it works when the suites are full) - other than a few side weddings using FCP and borrowed DVcams, I've never really worked with DV or DVC.

We deliver on VHS or DVD. We have the Sonic DVD Fusion that encodes real-time from a Sony DVW-500A (SDI). This thing does a jam-up job on encodes.

Unlike most in the biz - our producers (me included) are basically jacks-of-all-trades with a strong specialty. We have a great LD, Cam operator, etc...but everyone performs everything if need be. I'm most utilized for editing, after effects, and still photog - resident editor, I guess you could say.

Normally, if you have a project, you'll write the script, hire a crew (usually, LD, grip, cam op) shoot 3-5 days and come back and post/finish. It's a rare type job in this business (as you know - especially as a staff position) and I enjoy it more than the days of freelancing.

^billy

Last edited by squirrelyz; 04/29/04 12:07 PM.

videoslave