Originally Posted By rrlev
BTW ... being a big believer in active crossovers I’d have go with the active ... but if I owned an LFR already .... I’d ask that question ... unless I had to own the best

You make a lot of great points. When talking with Ian, we already had a 4 channel ADA1500-4 and a 5 channel ADA1000-5. Most people with LFR1100's have an Axiom amp already - or another multi channel amp from another company. We decided to use the ADA1500-4 for the woofers and rear mids, with the ADA-1500-6 for the front mids and tweeters. The 6 channel amp will see a lighter load, as the woofers are what need the most power. It's possible that an ADA1500-2 for the woofers and an ADA1500-8 for the mids/tweeters is an attractive package.

ANYWAY ... one's current amps should be factored into actives, even if you have Outlaw or Emotiva.

How much cleaner will the Actives sound? As you asked, can you hear a difference with one pair used for a week, then the other, in real world listening?

If yes, will Ian come up with either a retro fit or a good trade in allowance for those who want an upgrade but don't want to drop 10 grand?