Today is a much appreciated day of relaxing. One of the aspects of the LFR-1100 actives is how versatile they are.

Earlier today, I fired up the SACD of Roger Water's "In The Flesh." The stage was immense, the bass deep, the performers well placed and detail incredible. For example, the grunge sound on the rhythm guitar is so well contrasted against the soaring vocals of the female vocalist that one can almost smell the cannabis in the building.

Then I was switching through movies on Spectrum Cable, and XXX Two: The Return of Xander Cage was on. Ok - it's a guilty pleasure nonsense movie, but that also means all sorts of audio treats.

And the actives are kicking butt - the bass lines from the various hip hop "artists" are palpable. Bombs have an impact that makes one wonder if a subwoofer is needed.

Then our hero is talking to the fake blonde in a church. The echo effect that one gets when talking in a large, empty church is all around you.

These speakers can do almost anything. And they do everything well.

What would I change? I would love a version of these speakers in a large enough cabinet to handle triples of the 8 inch woofers used in the big Brystons. Tune it to about 28 Hz.

But, then, the EP800 does all this and more for bass, and I would imagine the cost difference in the speakers would be more than the price increase would be for the larger cabinets and woofers.

No - don't change a thing.