Stereo guy, here’s my 2 cents, or 5cents now with inflation….

I have m60ti which I love dearly. However, and while not a direct comparison my m3 and m2 v4 are worlds better in imaging and treble is very different than version ti ( ti is version 1 I think ? I’ve actually figured that out officially. )

The treble in v4 is does not have “ that slight edge” that the ti has. It’s what I would call smooth. The m3 v4 images great. It’s really really good. ( when setup with patience it’s excellent ) m2 is possibly even better somehow but I’m splitting hairs.

So none of those things I commented on are direct conpsrisons to m80v2 but it’s what I can offer from my experience.

I’d say utilize the axiom trial period and if you don t enjoy them send them back.

I have the black oak m2 v4 ( I bought a bstock black oak would not been my first choice if buying non bstock ) but super nice!! To my surprise I really like it. I’m a Boston cherry fan. ( my m60ti are Boston cherry vinyl and m3 are Boston cherry real wood and are very nice ). Black oak gets my vote for sure. I also like the axiom style. Some don’t. But it’s clean , we’ll done and low key in a good way. It’s like the axiom sound, neutral and honest.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595