Originally Posted by Kodiak
Stereo guy, here’s my 2 cents, or 5cents now with inflation….

I have m60ti which I love dearly. However, and while not a direct comparison my m3 and m2 v4 are worlds better in imaging and treble is very different than version ti ( ti is version 1 I think ? I’ve actually figured that out officially. )

The treble in v4 is does not have “ that slight edge” that the ti has. It’s what I would call smooth. The m3 v4 images great. It’s really really good. ( when setup with patience it’s excellent ) m2 is possibly even better somehow but I’m splitting hairs.

So none of those things I commented on are direct conpsrisons to m80v2 but it’s what I can offer from my experience.

I’d say utilize the axiom trial period and if you don t enjoy them send them back.

I have the black oak m2 v4 ( I bought a bstock black oak would not been my first choice if buying non bstock ) but super nice!! To my surprise I really like it. I’m a Boston cherry fan. ( my m60ti are Boston cherry vinyl and m3 are Boston cherry real wood and are very nice ). Black oak gets my vote for sure. I also like the axiom style. Some don’t. But it’s clean , we’ll done and low key in a good way. It’s like the axiom sound, neutral and honest.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

You speaketh facts!

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated