whether it was necessary or not is pretty subjective. We seem to forget that this all started with a bunch of cowards flying planes into the WTC. I don't think there would have been a war without such an event hitting so close to home. People sign up for military sevice knowing full well that they may be sent into harms way. If they aren't willing to make this sacrifice then they they should have made that decision. Maybe there was misinformation regarding the WMD, the jury is still out. I personally think it's still there or across a border somewhere in a neighboring country. That aside, Saddam still needed to be taken out of power. Think of all of the people he's killed and oppressed while lving in many multi-million dollar mansions and supporting terrorists. Personally, I don't think the [censored] deserves a trial - a hollow-point 45 to the temple would be just fine. The US gets criticized no matter which position we take - if we help out a country's people we have alterior motives(i.e. oil) - if we don't then we get accused of staying away because there's no political gain from it. We've funneled more money into needy nations than any other country on Earth - and we're still the bad guy. We're thought of as obnoxious, wasteful bullies. I say we lock down the borders, close our wallet and let them fend for themselves. We'll see how long they last. I could go on for hours but I should actually try to get some work done today.

Pete