Ok folks, I'm probably jumping the gun a little on something I may never need, however, I'm curious and need educated. I've never owned seperates or amps to go with an AV receiver. I see a lot of discussion on these boards about Outlaw, Rotel, etc....

So here I go...I have the Denon 2805:
7.1 A/V Receiver with Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx & DTS ES Discrete 6.1 • Dolby Digital Surround EX, Pro Logic IIx decoding with Cinema, Music and Game Modes • dts ES Discrete 6.1 and Matrix 6.1 decoding • dts Neo:6 Stereo to Surround decoding • dts ES 96/24 5.1 decoding for DVD Video • Analog Devices HammerHead SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processor • New 7.1 channel Auto-Setup and Room EQ function with included DENON microphone DM-S305 • 7 Channels equal power amplifier section • 100 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, <.05%THD) • 135 watts per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, <.7%THD) • 16 Analog Devices, 24 bit, 192 kHz high resolution DACs on all eight channels, in differential configuration • Real 24 bit, 96 kHz Digital Interface Receiver • 24 bit, 96 kHz A/D conversion on all Stereo analog inputs (Not EXT. Inputs) • Pure Direct mode defeats Video, Front Panel Display circuitry and with Analog sources the Digital circuitry • ALPHA 24 Processing on Front Channels • Adjustable High and Low Pass Crossover (40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250Hz) • 3 Assignable Component Video inputs (100MHz Bandwidth), with On-Screen Display • Video Conversion of Composite to S-Video and/or to Component, with on-screen display • 7 sets composite and "S" video inputs • 7.1 external wide bandwidth (100 kHz) inputs for multi-channel formats, such as DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD • 5/6/7 Channel Stereo • Digitally regulated volume control with .5dB increment adjustments and step range of -80 to +15 • Audio Delay adjustment to match audio signals with video signals(0-200ms) • Personal Memory Plus • 7 assignable digital inputs (5 Optical, 2 Coaxial) • 2 Optical digital outputs • 11 analog inputs including built-in AM/FM tuner • True 2 Source, 2 Zone functionality with Discrete Power, Source Select and Volume control for each zone • (1)Multi-Zone stereo pre-amp level audio outputs, fixed or variable level • (1) Multi-Zone Composite Video output • Power Amplifier Assign function, lets you assign 2 of the 7 amp channels to drive Zone 2 speakers directly • Direct Access Tuner presets by remote • Glo-Key pre-programmed remote control with learning function • RS-232C Port for Third Party Control Systems • Remote I/O ports • Assignable +12v triggers (2)

Speakers M60ti's, VP150, EP350, 4 Qs8's

Currently the system is up in my living room and all is wonderful, but I'm worried that once I finish my basement HT/recroom, the room is going to be to big. So I'm curious if adding an amp/amps would help for larger rooms. Again, I don't know anything about amps, but I"m hearing a lot about the Outlaw M200 monoblocks, and also the 7100 7.1 amp. What are your opinions on if I could make use of one of these to improve my system, or is the Denon adequate? When using amps, does the receiver still process the surround like Dolby EX and DTS ES, and the amp just gives you additional power? I still want to make use of my Denons guts....

Below is the room I'll be using soon. The speakers actually won't be that far apart, I'll have a 110" wide screen on the wall and the speakers will sit on a platform below the screen.

yours truly,

Amp stupid Sirquack.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85