John, are you trying to confuse me more cause it's working.

Except for the typos, the vague references to obscure intricacies, and the mis-worded/mis-punctuated sentences, the owners manuals are wonderful.

In reply to:

isn't the relatively definitive poop that if you set the 3805 for LFE only in the sub, then the sub would only play LFE special effects(if and when present on DD/DTS movie tracks)and redirected bass from speakers set small. If there's no .1 LFE channel and the speakers are set large, then there's no output to the sub. If LFE+MAIN is set and the mains are set large, then the mains(and the receiver amps)will carry a full-range load and the sub will also double the bass of the mains below the selected crossover frequency.

Why would it double the bass below the selected crossover? If you set the mains to large and set the crossover to a setting that is right at or slightly above what the speaker is capable of, shouldn't the low bass below the crossover be kicked out to the sub.

It seems that there should be one more "setting" choice for playing 2 ch material while using the mains as large while sending the bass below the crossover to the sub. Which, I suppose, would be the same as setting the mains to small and having a low (60Hz or lower) crossover. Come to think of it, if you are going to use a sub there is probably no point to running the mains as large no matter what thier bass capibilities are because you can always set the crossover low and the mains will still act like a full range speaker.

But in the receiver settings,what do you do if you want to run the mains as large and still use the sub to fill in below what the mains are capable while not having the mains receive a full range signal (while playing back 2 channel CD)?

Obviously, when playing 2 ch there is no .1(LFE). So if the receiver is set to "LFE" and the mains are set to large there should be nothing going to the sub. Right?

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.