Have you considered the factory outlet Axioms here?

It looks like the wait times are only 2 weeks for what you're looking for and you'll read over and over here that any "blemishes" are very, very minor if the owner can find any at all! Sometimes, the wait times are 6 or 8 weeks, so it might be a good time to jump!

One more bit of advice FWIW that refers to Axiom or any other manufacturer: Speakers can be a long-term investment if you select them right. Unlike electronics, which offer new features every year and tempt you to upgrade/replace, speakers can last you a long, long time if you like their sound and they fit your music/movie needs and the room that they're in. If I was working with a hard ceiling $$ limit, I would consider getting the two "main" speakers that I really liked best, even if it meant that I used a phantom center for a little while (heck, if you're not playing to a crowd, some people prefer a phantom center anyway!). This could enable you to stretch the finances over time a bit, but 6 months or year from now you'll have a better system for it.

Of course, (2) m50s and a VP100 from the factory outlet are only $846 (shipping is included)... well under your price goal. Jeez, maybe you should go for the M60s!

Spending other peoples' money is cool!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::