Guys, here is an update:

I did some more research over the weekend, and I have pretty much narrowed my choice down to 3 thus far: the B&W 603 S3, Axiom M50ti, and the Swan Diva 4.1.

I spoke to several local dealers and I cannot get anything below $475-$500 each (so you are looking at $950-$1000/pr) for the B&W 603. I love the sound on these puppies, but I must admit it is a little on the high side price wise.

I also spoke the the Swan 4.1 person, and chatted for a while...the 4.1 are actually better for music according to him, whereas, the 5.2 is a little more sensitive and has to be driven a little harder...thus, for my needs (50% music, 50% HT), I think the 4.1's are a good deal. Another thing that I really like about them, is that @ $500, they truly are a steal for what you get.

I am also leaning towards teh M50ti instead of the M40ti because of all you guys' comments. From all the forums I posted, I get teh impression that the Axioms are a little on the bright side, where as the B&W and Swan are more Neutral...I have a Yamaha DSP-A1 driving them, and they are usually also a little on the bright side, so I am not quite sure about the sound. One more thing I hope is not a big deal is the weight...the Axiom M50ti comes in at 36lbs, the Swan at 69lbs, and the BW at 55 lbs.

Still looking and confused, but for now it seems like the swans have a slight lead, followed closely by the Axioms...the BW are third solely on price...

Here is the chase thus far:

vs vs