Thanks for the explanation. So, basically, you get the best of both worlds with the 2.35 screen ratio - high resolution with no cropping on Cinescope type pictures, and full resolution (with a slightly skinnier screen, which is physically masked) on 16:9 images. Very cool.

I have resued the 2.35 constant height forum a bit over at AVS some time ago, but found it all to be well beyond me (mostly since I don't have a dedicated HT room, and thus, no practical front projection application).

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Quick question, with the addition of a scaler and a special lense, how much does that increase the cost for the projector? I would think that it might add some considerable cost. Also, can the wife/girlfriend/signifcant other figure out how to do all the scaling (i.e. is it automated through macros, or is there a whole process that needs to be done?)

Thanks. Sorry to remain off topic about Star Wars - which is totally going to rock.

Back on track - I wish that they included the Grievous executing the Jedi scene - it would have tied the Clone Wars cartoons in well with the movie, and would have shown Greivous doing more than coughing and running away. He needed to be colder and sinister - this scene might have helped with that.

I also wish that the Mon Mothma scenes weren't cut, which is the first sign that a rebellion might occur - it would have done a lot to explain why Leia is such an empirial opposer - as a result of her father's affiliation with Mon Mothma's cause.