In my case the Projector is doing the scaling/stretching of the 2.35 movies and I am using 480p over component mode since the projector won't scale 720p or 1080i over HDMI/DVI. So the only additional cost I had was the lens. Some more expensive projectors like the Infocus 7200 and others will scale the higher resolutions. Others use HomeTheaterPC's and special software to do the scaling. Even some DVD players will do the scaling, mine won't.

Here is a pic from Star Wars II tonight just playing around with my 5yr old digital camera. With the lens in stretch mode, you just have to turn a few knobs, you get the full 51" x 120" image.

I know this is not a Star Wars screen shot, but it shows you that when watching 1.85 ratio movies, I just have to turn the knobs to PassThrough mode. The height stays the same, I just have to mask the sides. I don't have curtains yet to do that masking

I have some new pics of my mount in the Home Theater forum.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=110103&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85