Craig
Interesting feedback.

Perhaps the phone quote percentage is small because people don't think it works. But I know it does. Plus I think many people think they can negotiate a better deal in person and are willing to do that. Me, I'd rather pay NOT to deal w/ the hassle and just know that I'm treated fairly.

I also see the problem w/ after purchase servicing. But I think the problem there is the vast difference in quality between service centers. Unfortunately, if you have a great salesman and great sales experience, what if you have a bad service center experience? I've run into that, so now I go to my local shop who's fair and fast. Granted. it's for non-warranty service.

BTW, I'm all for the great salesguy. I'm in tech sales and I understand what goes on behind the scenes. If a salesman goes out of his way to show me he's good at what he does, knows his product and knows how to take care of me, he'll get my sale, even if his price is slightly higher.

I got online quotes already, and my first shot is going to the dealer that showed me the first car a few weeks ago and gave a great sales pitch and was intelligent. People like that deserve the sale.