Fascinating thread. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

I keep waiting for the Daimler/Chrysler partnership to manifest itself in significant ways in the Mopar line. Like others have mentioned, the design of some of the Chrysler sheetmetal is striking; I like the Crossfire, and even though I don't care for them particularly, I can't help but notice the Magnum and the 300. But I still just don't trust the Chrysler running gear. It is certainly possible that I have misplaced perceptions, but I have too many anecdotes from too many people to ignore my reliability concerns.

MPG is frustratingly elusive. We have an aging Windstar van, which I have previously cited as an annoyingly complete transporter of people and things. With gas prices rapidly climbing, I yearn to get better than 17-18 mpg. However, in order for a change to be meaningful financially, I need to drive something that gets at least 25-30 mpg. In that range or above, there really is not that much from which to choose outside subcompacts.

I also want a manual transmission. Why is that so difficult?

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading my Axiom friends' comments on this topic. Thanks again.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem