In reply to:

the 500 I am currently driving would have been considered a sports sedan 10 years ago. It runs 0-60 in 8 seconds flat ... seats five 6 foot tall men easily (I am 6 feet, 3 inches, and am comfortable in the back seat with the front seat in my normal driving position. I cannot do that in Accord, BMW 3 or 5 series, Camry or Avalan ... Etc...), and only lacks a nav system versus a loaded Audi A-60. It also has almost 20% more interior room than the Audi ...

The 500 is ALSO AVERAGING 24.3 MPG over the first 10,000 miles. I know of no other car which can claim all this for under $30K ...

One would THINK this level of perfomance, Gas mileage and SUV replacing utility would be raved about

Styling. That's why. It's like specs of a speaker. May have fantastic specs. Ruler flat graphs, etc...but if you don't like what they sound like...

After reading about the 500, I googled for some pics. Nobody under 60 should be driving that thing.

Style sells cars. If it didn't everyone would be driving VERY inexpensive cars with great gas mileage. 0-60 specs are sexy...not necessary. Sleek styling is sexy...not necessary. Seems that the 500 got itself halfway there.

<edit>

After seeing some more pics, it seems that the 500 can be ordered "dressed up". It cleans up nicely, but the standard version is still a real yawn fest.

Last edited by spiffnme; 04/13/05 07:20 PM.