No, but if I can find a black hole nearby I'll give it a try next summer.

Latest revelation on the cocktail front -- I was flipping idly through "Beachbum Berry's Grog Log" looking for something that matched the ingredients I had on the kitchen counter, and tried something unusual (at least for me). The recipe was for the "Hawaii Kai Treasure", unusual in the sense that it included 1/2 oz of half-and-half cream.

The recipe called for more lime than grapefruit, but I ended up with something like :

- juice from 1/2 lime
- juice from 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/2 oz half-and-half cream
- 1/2 oz curacao
- 1/2 oz orgeat
- 2 oz rum (El Dorado demerara happened to be in front)
- 1 cup crushed ice

This was mostly an excuse to play with the new blender (a retro Oster unit with "1000 watts of Osterizing Power", whatever that means, but apparently it will blend golf balls), however the result was surprisingly tasty. I had stayed away from any recipes containing eggs, cream, or...

... OK, that's wierd. The motion sensor light just kicked on and some kind of animal ran past the window. Not sure if it was a mouse/rat on the window sill or something much larger on the ground, but don't see tracks so leaning towards mouse on the window sill...

... but anyways the addition of 1/2 oz cream before blending totally changed the taste of the drink, much more than expected.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8