Footprint wise, a cabinet saw takes up less floor space than a contractor saw. My floor is uneven as my floor drain is in the middle of my garage. I just found a spot on the floor where all the rollers sit squarely with the saw stable. I then painted some reference marks on the floor that I roll the saw to and all is golden.

Adrian, I had trouble with my Rigid’s fence. My journey to a better fence led me to the purchase of a slightly used Unisaw and Incra fence. I absolutely love this set up and wish I had done this years ago. I like the Incra so much I bought one for my router table.

If I was looking at brand new saws, the Sawstop would be my first choice. I’ve seen them up close and I think the quality is higher than Powermatic or the Unisaw. They are very nicely put together. The blade stop is just a great bonus.

Here’s a pic of my saw with cantilevered rail and infield table support. It helps keep the footprint smaller for those uneven floors….

I built the router table so I could move the Incra from the rear to the side for dovetail work (makes it easier to reach on the side). I've since built a little oak pod for the Wixey in the pic.