This barely qualifies as as a "got wood" post, but I'm almost done renovating the kids' bathroom and am very happy with it. The goal was to do it cheaply (<$500) and I succeeded there, even after buying a $179 miter saw (Ridgid, with a laser cut line). The main impetus to work on this bathroom was that there was a bit of subfloor that more or less disintegrated right by the tub, most likely due to water damage from previous residents.

I started a couple weeks ago by ripping out the old vinyl floor tiles, removing the toilet, wall-mounted sink, baseboards, and anything else attached to the walls (medicine cabinet, tp holder, towel rods). I cut out a section of subfloor the entire length of the tub about 1' wide and replaced it with new plywood. Then I painted the ceiling (white) and top-half of the walls (medium blue).

I've never done drywall or tile before, and I didn't want to start, so I kept the pinkish tiles in the tub surround and covered the bottom 44" of the remaining walls with mdf beadboard panels, painted white. This helped hide the drywall that had a few too many visible patch jobs. Then I installed a sheet of vinyl flooring and added the baseboards, caulking all around the edges and agains the tub to water proof the room as much as possible against my splashy kids. \:\)

My wife bought a used pedestal sink and a toliet from a local re-use store (good way to save money!) and I installed the toilet today. I would have had the sink in, too, but I need to get a part for where the P-trap meets the wall.

Silly me, I have no pictures yet, but if you bug me, I'll post some.