Originally Posted By: bridgman

If you need all those tools to build a damn workbench how many tools do you need to actually make something ON the workbench ? How long does it take to build up all that stuff, and where do you keep it all ?

The third word reveals your underlying problem. Use the word, "need," only when you're spending the $$ or telling your wife about it (fools rush in). You're merely supposed to covet this stuff, then acquire it. Now, to justify, you have to "play" with it to learn how to use it. Then you figure out what you could use it for. After that, you make space for it. Got it?

Oh, and I think you mean drill bits. 175 good drills would cost over $20,000. You "need" only one. I have eight (get the picture?). A set of really good bits (30 sizes +/-) is about $50.00. I have more than 350 bits lying around somewhere(s).

Ooooh! Look at the new Festool Domino joiner! I know I "need" that for something important! And soon!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.