I guess I can understand some frustration on the change, but to be honest (and owning a front set of mixed V2s and V3s) I can tell you that I cannot really tell that much of a timbre or overall sound difference between the VP180 (v3) and my M80s (v2).

I invited my wife down to the man-cave last night to listen to some music. I had recently recalibrated my system for the back center seat because the VP180 was just so much more powerful than the VP150. In the end, I had to take the rears down a bit, and set the VP180 to the same level as the M80s. The sound was mesmerizing. Even sitting in the back row left and right seats, you could hear the centers coming from the center channel. The surround sounded better in the back row too becuase of my surround and rear speaker placement. After a couple of songs, my wife said it sounded like a totally different system and she really enjoyed it. We went down again this afternoon (at her request) to listen some more. It was a very enjoyable experience.

In the end, as others have said, technology is always changing. I bought my Denon AVR-3806 a couple of months before the AVR-3808 was released, and that was a MAJOR change. With the Denon, I had no option of upgrading, with the Axioms, you do.

PS - I enjoy my system thoroughly as it is.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7