Originally Posted By: fredk
I don't understand what all the noise is about. Axiom is in the business of selling speakers, not components.

Nobody is questioning that Fred, and you are right...But that is just one point of view, now there is another point a little more objective, and is that Axiom should be interested as well, in keeping happy the customers they already have, that have trusted them over the years, and are buying their products time after time...I already got their top of the line, they do not have an M90's...If they did, I would have gotten those long time ago...as I liked my M80's and anything better will be welcome...That is the reason we are just trying to "upgrade" what is currently good...Axiom do not have now the program they have years ago to upgrade neither...And the resell value of Axiom anywhere else, is very poor...

Also we are not talking of a couple of guys from God knows where, that are looking into getting drivers to assemble their own versions of Axioms, to sell them on eBay for profits, we are talking of previous customers, registered with Axiom, that Axiom know who they are, that do not have the funds to spend 1,2K in an upgrade of an speaker that cost 1,3K new...and that on top are willing to eat the old drivers, and crossovers, as they are not very good value once you remove them, specially with absolutely to specs to show to anybody...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!