Quote:
I agree that Axiom could have communicated better but I hesitate to draw the customer council into rollout discussion. I’m not 100% clear on their mandate but hope that it is strictly to act as a sounding board for Axiom and not a conduit of information from Axiom to the forum. IMO that marginalizes them as “members” by turning them into “spokesmen.“

You have the right of it. We're not Axiom representatives, and they use us as sounding boards. In the interest of full disclosure, I raised concerns about the drivers in the VP180 vs. the existing drivers. Of course, my fears were in the opposite direction. I wanted to be sure they weren't building the pre-order VP180s as v2s...

As for the auction stuff, I can see why Axiom's doing it, and they did discuss it with us. Someone's got to sell the old stuff, and there's been a lot of interest in a forum for buying and selling here.

Some people seem to be taking what I and other members of the council are saying as official Axiom policy or communication. What I say is of course filtered through my knowledge and relationship with Axiom, but it is also based on what may be a flawed memory of our conversations, passed through my own filters and biases.

Last edited by kcarlile; 06/28/10 12:51 AM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!