Tom, I test drove a Sonata a while back it and have to say it would be at or near the top of my list for cars in it's class. It handles nice, very taut and responsive steering, has imo very attractive styling and offers more backseat legroom than most other smaller cars. It's really a mid sized car with small car economy with plenty of power(for a 4 banger 200hp). Btw, in the US you can get a nice sport version of the Sonata, there's also a turbo version coming out this year too. My only complaint would be the lack of headroom...anyone approaching or over 6 ft, might find the roofline a bit low, but I'm used to having plenty of room from driving trucks so take that with a grain of salt. I think the Sonata gives you more bang-per-buck than the compareable Japanese vehicles by comparison and I'd suggest a test drive of one if you're in the market. Hyundai has come a long way in the last few years.

I ended up replacing my Silverado with another pickup truck, an '10 Sierra 4x4 1 Ton with the Duramax/Allison combo. Couldn't argue with the GM employee pricing being offered here at the moment, I got a $14,600 discount. This will be my company vehicle and my personal transportation for now, until I get a small car down the road.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.