I've enjoyed my 2001 Maxima - runs like new at 109,000 miles - and can imagine that the 350Z would be a lot of fun. At 6'4", I fit (snugly) into one in the showroom a few years back. Didn't drive it, and visibility is not as good as I'd like, but you get that with a bunch of the roadsters when their tops are up. Also, as far as Nissan/Infiniti goes, I'm surprised you didn't fit better into the G35/G37.

A friend just got a 2008 Volvo C70 - the hardtop convertible - for $2k under book value. Only had 13k miles on it. It would stretch your budget a little into the upper $20s. He also got an extension on the warranty, paid $1000 or so for 6 years/100k bumper-to-bumper protection. I've had that one on my radar since it came out.

Good luck with the pondering. I hope to give this thread a bump myself in a year or two. I had a 1997 Z3 that was a lot of fun despite numbers that are positively anemic by today's performance standards. I had the 1.9L, 138 HP, 0-60 in 8 seconds model. It handled great and was torquey enough for me. I would love to get the M roadster version of that car.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.