The S2000 is quick up to 6000 rpm and white hot from 6000-9000 rpm. The engine is unique - 2.0 liter naturally aspirated 4 cylinder putting out 240 HP. Since this is an audio site, I am compelled to say, the engine sound quality is not great. The handling of the 2000 model requires respect and over-steer is possible. The 6 speed has the shortest throws of any stock manual offered (at least it did in 2000). Shift effort is light, The clutch is perfect. Interior amenities are minimal. Interior storage space almost non-existent. Mine was dynoed at Auto Wave in Westminster or Fountain Valley at an S2000 dyno day and had the highest output at the rear wheels - 227.7 HP. I think it was Motor Trend which tested an S2000 0-60 at 5.2 seconds. I have never tracked mine, but I can tell you that on the very few occasions I have revved it to 7000 rpm and side stepped the clutch, I believe I hit 60 in that or less.

The Civic Si is quick and pleasant. The sound quality of its 200 HP 4 cylinder is spectacular. It revs beautifully, sewing machine smooth. The 6 speed/clutch combo are as good as anything I've ever driven. I didn't really push it, but its FWD handling felt secure and accurate. Steering felt superb. Ride was very well damped. Driver's seat was very comfortable. I loved it.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.