Thank you, gentlemen. I knew I could count on your wisdom.

Ken, I'm talking about spending more than I've ever spent on a vehicle before. It's a LOT of money for us. I suppose it is a prideful thing, but I want to feel happy and excited to drive this car for a long time, and I'm just not sure that a Legacy is going to get me there. A WRX would, but is probably out of my price range and is also probably too small. Plus, they're ugly.

Well, Mike, aren't you helpful? smile

I'd like to spend $19,000 but would probably go up to $24,000. Used would need to have <50k miles. I don't need four doors. I don't need room for four adults, but it might be nice to be able to get me and two kids in there (but I'm not married to that either). I have to have a sunroof, but might be willing to get a convertible (although I'm scared of "what the hell was I thinking?"). I MUCH prefer a stick, but am having a lot of trouble finding well-appointed cars so equipped.

Mike, your definition of "fun" is a much higher standard than mine. A stick with good torque and a sunroof is fun. If I have to get an automatic with a manual mode, I want some luxury to go with it.

No VW's. I've never sat in one for more than ten minutes that didn't give me agonizing back pain. Seriously.

I'm a little concerned about cost to insure true sports cars.

I need to "fit" and be comfortable. I'm only 6' tall, but I drive sitting up, so head room is an issue.

For a while, I thought I wanted a Mazda 3 (full circle on this thread) but it's just a little small and I absolutely hate the front end styling from the last couple years. Looked at a 2008 or 2009 Mustang and didn't like the way things worked inside, and would have to get a convertible since the coupe roof is so small and virtually round.

Okay, so here's a list: Acura TL, Civic Si, Accord Coupe, 350Z, Miata (probably don't fit but will try again), S2000, G35 sedan, Mustang convertible, Camaro.

What am I missing?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem