Tom, in an attempt to become useful again, Mini Coopers have come up in this thread before (or another, I'm too lazy to go look.)

However, if you could get your hands on a John Cooper Works (The souped up Mini Cooper) I think you would have a BLAST of a car that most surprisingly provides you with amazing comfort for a tall guy such as yourself. In my lowly, regular Mini Cooper, I still have about 4 inches to go in the seat slider and I'm 6' even.

The "John Cooper Works" Mini is essentially a mini race car. It's fast and it handles like a car that costs more than twice as much. It may be only 211 horsepower but you have to consider that this is in a car weighing just a hair more than 2600 lbs. 0 to 62MPH in 6.9 seconds.

While you can certainly get faster cars, it's not bad considering the base model can be had for under 30,000.
I actually thought of it because you have mentioned that fitting in the car will be a big part of your decision. I have never seen you in person but I do have an old neighbor who we lovingly refer to as "the Big German" at 6'3" 240 lbs and he says he is just as comfortable in our Mini as in his own Murano.

Last edited by Murph; 08/23/10 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.