Sean, I'm glad to see your post. I've missed your participation lately. Hope your life is wonderful and satisfying.

I'm not sure about the Boxster, guys. That's one car that I didn't get an insurance quote on (and which could very well be in a different league). Plus, I do have to get a ~3-5 year older model to get into my budget. And honestly, I'm scared of the expense for maintenance and repair. My perceptions may not be accurate, but color me leery (or Leary, for the weekend) at this point. I'll keep an open mind.

Chris, that's great information. I've perused but not studied some of the forums (which was a Fantastic suggestion, btw). My understanding is that plugs/wires/whatever-ignition is a frequent and fairly costly maintenance item (whole bit every 25k miles or so for $300 if I DIY). Comments?

I LOVED RX-7's, especially the last generation. But I'm not into a "hobby" car at the moment.

2x6, I enjoyed and appreciated your concise observations. I don't have a frame of reference for the pre-1994 S2000, but I'm still undecided about the raw sports car personality as my daily driver. The others on my list seem a bit more, I don't know, "comfortable"?

Something else has started to nag at the edges of my mind lately. I've had some cars in the past that - while not "rare" - were not sold in high quantities. Consequently, the availability of parts and repair expertise was somewhat limited locally. It was sometimes inconvenient. Likewise, the availability of after market products is proportional to the volume of similar models sold over time. In that regard, I wonder if the RX-8, S2000 and Boxster might be somewhat less desirable TO ME than the other models I listed.

Butt warmers are starting to matter. I'm sick.

Last edited by tomtuttle; 08/27/10 04:27 PM. Reason: fixed typo

bibere usque ad hilaritatem