Yes, Mary, I believe my speakers are from 2004 and are the ti version.

Sure, I've thought about it. But not that seriously, for a number of reasons.

First, I'm cheap. Now that the V3's are out AND the tradeup program is gone, my existing M60's probably aren't really worth much to anyone but me. So, I'm not going to be able to offset the new purchase significantly by selling them off. Also, if I were going to make that kind of investment, I'd probably be seduced into some kind of custom finish, which drives the price up even higher.

Second, I don't listen to loud musical content regularly. Most of my M60 use is TV and movies. I've found that most of my music listening is done on other systems (in the car, at the office, in other rooms, etc). I'm driving them with an Onkyo receiver, which is quite nice and satisfactory, but is NOT a 200+ WPC amp. So, I'm less likely to benefit from the M80's increased power handling. There's a difference - FOR ME - between the auditioning experience and what really takes place on a day-to-day basis.

Third, God loves diversity and so do I. I really think Axiom makes great products and I'm proud to have them in my home. I also discovered that I enjoy building speakers, buying used speakers at good value, and listening to speakers from other manufacturers. Someday, I'll probably assemble a 2-channel system with tubes and other funky stuff. Axiom will get more of my business for a VP180 some day, and maybe some inwalls and who knows what-all. But there are other interesting paths in the audio forest.

Finally, I really do still like the M60's a lot. I'm convinced that any deficiencies I may periodically perceive are more related to my room and speaker placement than to the speakers themselves. Until I don't have to compromise with furniture arrangement and have a bit more acoustically isolated environment, it doesn't really make sense for me to have $2,000 speakers from ANY manufacturer. Wait, was that supposed to be in the "I'm cheap" paragraph?

Ultimately, I'd be spending a relatively large amount of money to "improve" the quality of the mains in the theater (living) room. And there might be other things that would improve that experience even more (a projector comes to mind). I suppose if I had no competing financial priorities, I would consider it more strongly. Since I have teenagers and need new floors, well, the real world beckons.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem