Well, I am rather new at this...after all I do have "vintage" equipment which translates into arcane knowledge of technology and in my case, I'm not current. I know there are many views and theories about getting the best sound out of speakers. Like most, I would like to get the best sound from my speakers now and for any future expansion in a simple package. I suppose the easiest way to assure this is through an AVR...Denon, NAD, Rotel etc...rather than separates. My main goal for now at least is to maximize my listening and appreciation of classical music through the soon-to-be-delivered M80's. As I stated earlier I will be using a late eighties Denon stereo receiver. I re-read the manual and found I had made a mistake...the receiver is 55 watts per channel (not 45) with 0.02 THD and is also rated for 4 ohm speakers. I think it will suit me well for now. Jakewash's comment regarding the 80's vs 60's sounding better at lower volumes is the reason I traded up and went for the M80's.

So I'll continue reading and thinking about what power sources and applications and other accessories I'll need for expansion to HT, and with extra speakers around the house not being used I'll get a semblance of what an HT will sound like and an idea of the potential I may enjoy should I get serious about HT and surround. I know they probably aren't tonally the same as Axiom's but I just want an idea for now. And if motivated I'll coordinate the system's expansion with other Axiom's.