Just an update...I ordered M80's to compare them to the 60's. I first listened to the M60's using Bruckner Symphony #6...Michael Gielen & the SW Radio Orch, Baden-Baden on a Hanssler dig. recording. Then I quickly hooked up the M80's and listened once again. I immediately heard what I wanted with the M80's, a more forward sounding speaker in the upper and middle range and an even fuller lower range than with the 60's. I then listened to some Kabalevsky (Comedians) & Rimsky Korsakov (Capriccio Espagnol). With my former speakers (and even with my sub), this recording (Sawallisch & Bayerisches Staatsorchester on a dig. EMI recording) has always sounded thin with a lack of lower and lower-middle support. The M80's changed all that and brought this recording into a different dimension with a full middle and lower undergirding of sound that balanced out the entire recording. Impressive! I then put on a movement of a Schubert Trio which was bewitching, and today I finished my test off with Bruckner's Symphony #4 (Jochum and the Berlin Phil. on DG). The recording was produced in 1965 and digitally remastered. It has a wonderful sonorous playback on the M80's that with my eyes closed could almost replicate a cathedral setting in terms of sound.

To be sure both M80's were working properly, I did as John K. had suggested earlier and put my ear to each driver. To my surprise, one tweeter wasn't working at all. JC indicated it was a problem with the crossover so a new M80 is on its way.

I am very satisfied now, and to top it off, I was able to buy the M80's at the old FO price. I am another satisfied Axiom customer.