Originally Posted By: Captain4105
So again, I'm thinking of M22's, but with them I may loose the great bass response because (I may be wrong) I think the improvement is due to the two woofers in the M60's. Any thoughts?

I don't recommend getting M22. I had them in my living room for a few years with a 12", they are nice but far from excellence. They ended-up in my computer room which is 10x8 and they sound better there. Don't expect any bass from M22ti, they won't deliver.

I have 4 different home theater systems, all with Axiom speakers. I tried all my speakers on my various receivers and I also have tried all my speakers hooked to an external amp. All of them sounded very different, different enough for my wife to ask me to get an external amp on all the systems that she uses.

No matter how high I crank the speaker on the receivers, I barely see the drivers moving. When adding an external amplifier, they aren't the same. Even at lower volume. I know that a lot of people looks at specs and doc and they say that most receivers are sufficient but I don't agree.

I encourage everyone to go at your local music store and lease a power amp for the week-end! you will never live day another without one.

Power amp do have noisy fans so I got Emotiva 2x fanless amps for the living room.