Thank you all for the interesting and thought provoking responses. Luc, I tend to agree with you in that purchasing the M80's would cover all my lingering questions once and for all. And since I am in the 30-day trial time-frame I need to make a decision within a few weeks.

But a few more questions for you all. Today was my 2nd day with the M60's and I listened to the Beethoven once again, this time with the volume up quite a bit. I also watched "Inglorious Bastards" with the Axioms and I think for movies they are quite good, but today I am disappointed with music reproduction in the classical genre which I listen to almost exclusively. By the way John, I haven't heard Mehta's Planets nor Levi's. I have owned or do own Karajan's Vienna recording on Decca and Steinberg's with the Boston Symphony, Ormandy with Philadelphia on RCA, as well as the EMI Boult classic recording (not impressive) and an old Westminster Boult with the Vienna State Orchestra that was horrific. In any case the speakers kept their composure or better said they seemed released from their acoustic barriers...the upper end sounded much improved and the speakers overall better balanced than at lower volumes. However, I don't often listen at high levels and I do desire a more open mid and high range at lower levels. So, what do you suggest I can do to improve their performance?

I do plan to upgrade my equipment to something like a Denon 2311. Will this help the sound open up? I am also using cheap thin wiring because it was already in place so I'll need to replace it. I don't have much flexibility for wall treatments or carpets, but I can move the speakers around a bit. I mentioned before these speakers have improved the bass response of my sub to a remarkable degree and I am very pleased with it. So unless the M80's improve the mid and upper end, you know open them up a degree to two at lower volumes, then to purchase them wouldn't help. So again, I'm thinking of M22's, but with them I may loose the great bass response because (I may be wrong) I think the improvement is due to the two woofers in the M60's. Any thoughts?